Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I haven't done a bloggy-wog since my birthday, so I thought I'd update this.

Today, Michael helped me buy trucks and wheels for my skateboard. I'm so excited, it was so much fun skating with him, instead of him watching and me feeling like a noob. Good fun, good fun!

I have not done much/any writing since the little Ukulele song, would love to get that going again soon. Anyone interested in joining me?

Um, have been spending time, and will again, in Sydney with Richard and the college kids, that was a great weekend. :) Went to an Alice in Wonderland themed Ball, and pretty much spent Saturday drinking and being merry!

Oh! And the Bohemian Masquerade Ball in Bathurst. That was oh so much fun!! Had a great time haning out with the travelling performing gypsies, especially loved chatting with Mojo Juju and Frankie Valentine...Divine girls!

I have been kind of down, but at the same time, trying to keep active and doing interesting things to keep me in a positive frame of mind. Such as above. I think as the sun comes out and things start to change with the weather, I'm feeling a bit more colourful and bubbly. I'm trying different things as well, such as the skating and the meeting new people and trying to be as interesting and as interested as I can be. Oh, and my trip is definitely exciting me, still little to no planning, but hey. . . where is the fun and adventure in planning? That's right. And the other side of the lack of planning is because the parents are gone, so I'm having difficulty trying to sit down and plan anything like tickets/insurance/medical stuff and so on. But they will be back soon. :D

I really got a taste for this gypsycore/dirty blues/burlesque stuff at the Masquerade ball. it's just so gritty and dirty and I fucking love it. It's a whole different kind of sexy. I'm quite sick of seeing the whole "sexy" thing being bleached blonde hair, orange make-up, artificial personalities and all the rest of that. In music too. "Sexy" in music is now considered auto-tuned voices and so much editing and producing that you no longer know what you are hearing. So much fucking around with effects and warping and distorting, it's now like musical plastic surgery. But back to the stuff that I'm listening to, it has such energy and such raw instrumentation and such a raw feel, that you can't help but be completely moved by it, to the point where you find yourself irish gigging and jumping off the walls.

siiiiiigh, what a rant. . .

When I get more lyrics and stuff written, I will post it.

1 comment:

  1. George I know how you feel about the Boho ball sexy stuff. Like, I don't like women in that way, but Frankie Valentine was fucking sexy :p And like, she wasn't super tiny skinny with huge boobs or anything, she just had... sex. she was the sex. I wanna be sexy! :p hahaha

    ReplyDelete