Monday, June 14, 2010

Time To Update?

It has been a while since I have written on this, I haven't really had the chance to get here.

And of course, now I'm here, I don't really know what to write about.
It has been a shit few weeks for me, but i won't go into any of that, I don't like talking about my "problems" on my blog. But just so we are all aware, yes... Yes it has been rather shit.

I told Greg I would put up a cover that he and I have recently recorded, I need to put it on YouTube first, which might take a while. But while I'm here, I'll put up the original version and then I'll do another post with our version. In our version, I think my voice could be a hell of a lot better! Greg, maybe we re-record it one day? Haha.

But ignore that for now, sweet ones. Just appreciate the genius of Matt and Kim's "Daylight". A truly bright and colourful trip through Grand Street in Daylight. If you're feeling as rotten as me right now, it may help you out. Get up and dance or something, and shake off the filth of winter.



DAYLIGHT
we cut the legs off of our pants 
threw our shoes into the ocean
 sit back and wave through the daylight
 sit back and wave through the daylight
slip and slide on subway grates 
these shoes are poor mans ice skates 
fall through like change in the daylight
 fall through like change in the daylight
i miss yellow lines in my roads
 some color on monochrome 
maybe i’ll paint them in myself
 maybe i’ll paint them in myself
these sidewalks liquid then stone
 building walls and an old pay phone 
it rings like all through the daylight 
it rings like all through the daylight
and in the daylight we can hitchhike to maine
 i hope that someday i’ll see without these frames 
and in the daylight i don’t pick up my phone
 cause in the daylight anywhere feels like home
I have five clocks in my life
 and only one has the time right 
i’ll just unplug it for today
 i'll just unplug it for today
open hydrant rolled down windows 
this car might make a good old boat and float down grand street in daylight 
and float down grand street in daylight
and with just half of a sunburn 
new yellow lines that i earned 
step back and here comes the night time 
step back and here comes the night time

and in the daylight we can hitchhike to maine 
i hope that someday i’ll see without these frames 
and in the daylight i don’t pick up my phone
 cause in the daylight anywhere feels like home

No comments:

Post a Comment