Friday, May 21, 2010

Table for two...then one.


OH MY GOD!

Tonight I had my first shift at Rangoli. It went well I believe, minimal fuck-up and a $5 tip! My first ever tip...which I don't get to keep, but the thought is still there. :)

HOWEVER!!

I saw the saddest typical movie moment (well, I pieced it all together) between a man and a woman.

The night started off when i sat them down, gave them their water pappudums and menus, both seemed content and happy.
I took their orders a bit later and things were still cool.
Rachna gave them their entrees and shortly after I gave them the mains, the lady didn't really touch her cutlery or move her plate and seemed a little tense.
I look up to find the man waving at me, so I go over and he wants me to pack everything up for him. The lady was gone and her plate was completely clean, her cutlery had't even been touched. The guy looked upset.
So, I packed all his (her?) food up and he paid for his (HER!) meals. I told him to have a nice evening and he muttered kind of in that "ill-pretend-im-joking,-but-im-not" way "Yeah...I'll try."

I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIM!!

oh dear! I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I hope he is OK. The poor, poor man.

So this little story is for those who think they have it bad in the ways of Love. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Even 40 year old men in Indian restaurants can become broken-hearted. It's true.

Other than that, the work was good, I'm picking it all up quite quickly, now all i gotta do is read through the menu and try and get my head around what we do and don't do. *nods*

Also working at Cinnabar tomorrow. Cinnabar requires you to look awesome, so I have a dress from there that I will wear tomorrow. I will put up a picture of it. I like working at Cinnabar, despite the fact the boss is a little kooky and quite bipolar, but hey. The money is good, the things in the shop are so freaking cool (it's a quirky boutique) and I like talking piercings and what would look good with the alternatives of this dreary town.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, pleased to meet you and your wonderful blog

    Come pay a visit some time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you very much!! I will definitely come and look through your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete