Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick.



Oh how sick I feel today. I had to leave work after I vomited in the bathroom. My head is throbbing, my ear is still aching and I still have the tasted of rejected paracetamol in the back of my mouth. Ew. I can't believe how crap I feel, and I'm trying to use the time I have to myself to write some lyrics, but nothing is really happening yet. I think something may be forming, but not sure this sick and therefore depressed state I'm in will inspire fantastic lyrics.

I'm thinking of using the title of my blog in there somewhere (haha) probably because at the moment, nothing springs to mind.

Anyway, here's to hoping i come up with something good/acceptable/at all, really. Maybe watching "GO" is killing the creative flow. Mind you, so was ABC3. TV in general maybe?

Ok, back to work, the melody is there, that's a start I guess. If i think of something good, I'll post it, tell me what you think if I get to it.

well, it has been about half an hour, still have nothing. although i did find something that I wrote a while back, but whether it can be adapted to a song (see, its somewhat of a poem i guess) remains to be seen.

The aim is to have something, anything written before the day is out. And I will post whatever I write today.

Here is me in my sick state.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love it Georgie.

    'If I think of something I'll post it.'
    'Well... it's been about half an hour' hahah oh my.

    You need inspiration. Have you ever listened to Jens Lekman, he such a lyricist :p if you're into that kind of stuff anyway. Which I am.

    He sort of just tells funny things he does in the day in story form. Aka he has a whole song on how he was talking to his friend/girlfriend and she said she thought it was all 'make believe' but she thought she said 'maple leaves'.

    I love that song . :p Okay, well there's more essence but that's the jist.

    I think we like different types of music, but if I was ever looking for lyrical inspiration I would go to Jens, Josh Pyke, Joanna Newsom or Laura Marling. Yes yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Grace. (lol)

    I have figured out why I have trouble writing. Its because I dont read. any more. ever. so, dad has just handed me a book. :D hahaha

    and that sounds hilarious!! that song about the maple leaves. :D classic. you should burn me some yes? yes.

    well i have clogged my head up today with nothing but Tom Waits (I'm going through a phase) so all I have in my head is something that sounds like saw dust and gravel being rubbed together and being doused in whiskey or rum or something. :P

    and i loves it.

    So heres planning to read in order to write.

    ReplyDelete