Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lullaby

Im getting into songwriting, it's really bloody hard, but I enjoy doing it immensely whenever I get the chance. I love singing and playing guitar, and I play with a guy from around here on the off chance neither of us have to work.

I've recently written a lullaby, it's not very wordy and not very long, but I don't know whether it needs anything more or not. It's in A minor, 3/4 timing and I just changed the melody this morning, because I thought it was too high to sound like it fitted with the chords. It is quite dark and eerie, but thats the kind of writing I like. Im influenced by Tom Waits, Mojo Juju and the Snake Oil Merchants and Maynard James Keenan (Tool, A perfect Circle) amongst various others, but these guys would be the top guys, for the moment anyway. Heres the lyrics. Hope whoever reads this likes it and feedback (good, bad or honest) is most welcome. :D

Rest your head upon my shoulders and close your heavy eyes
Let the night envelop you, ignore the one who cries
The claws of monsters reach for you, longing for your touch,
But rest your head my child, ignore your tears.

I love you,
I love you,
I love you,
Don't cry, you're safe with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment