Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Pale Sunshine" Centre Place, Melbourne

I just thought I'd write a little blurb on the Photo that is currently on my blog.

It was taken last year in October when Richard and I went to Melbourne for a week. The alley way is just off of Centre Place, and it's perfectly gritty and grimy. Graffiti everywhere (as you expect in Melbourne alleyways) old milk crates scattered all over the place and used as seats for the baristas and chefs to sit and smoke on, a collection of sneakers hang from the top of the alleyway. The first time i saw this alleyway was when I took this photo, the girl standing and choosing music on her ipod seems so out of place and incongruous to her surroundings. And at the same time, she fits so nicely. I like how she looks in the photo, like nothing phases her. I was also surprised by the fact she didn't seem to mind, or even notice me taking the picture. I am quite proud of this photo, I also edited it a little (just changed the temperature and faded the colour) in iPhoto to give it a bit more of an edge. The editing has also brought out a bit of the graffiti art in the background and makes the girl look like Pale Sunshine I think.

This is one of my favourite places in Melbourne, it has a very magical feeling about it, almost a bit Harry Potter in Diagon Alley, it's a crazy blink-and-you-miss-it place. Flinders Ln is full of these rustic hidden alleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment