Saturday, May 22, 2010

Alone in Kyoto AIR




LOVE THIS SONG but I don't really understand the film clip? It's just shots of leaves and temples in and around Kyoto. I mean, fair enough cause it's Kyoto, but there is no real point to the film clip. It'd odd.

Anyway, this song was featured in Lost In Translation, which is one of my favourite movies I believe alot of travellers can relate to, especially in those times where you are alone in an unfamiliar place with no one to talk to. I think Bill Murray is a genius in it, and Scarlette Johanson looks the best she ever has.

This song also works well with just piano, if anyone wants to give it a crack, its just in D minor. I was playing around with it then, and if you slow it down a little as well and really space everything out with the sustain pedal, it sounds beautiful.

A nicely crafted song which I could never get sick of hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment